Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:05:41 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation scripting fix to be committed to 5.x and 4.x wednesday

In message <200004231901.MAA63381@apollo.backplane.com>, Matthew Dillon writes:

>    I'm sorry, Poul, but you are going to have to come up with better
>    reasoning then that.
>
>    Not all changes committed to -current require a waiting period before
>    being MFC'd to stable.  Specifically, simple and obvious bug fixes
>    certainly do not need a waiting period.

Matt,

This does not apply to your patch.  The "simple and obvious" loophole
applies to spelling fixes and similar, not to anything which changes
behaviour of the system.

Your current patch does not qualify for immediate MFC status unless
the security officer says so.

FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe