Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2014 00:01:44 +0200
From:      Martin Hanson <greencoppermine@yandex.com>
Subject:   Re: FOLLOW-UP: Mounting samba, some files are invisible

> But you can see more of these files when you use a GUI viewer,
> and with MC you can see all of them, if I read you right.
>
> Could this be charset related, i. e. do the files in question
> have any, like, utf-8 characters in their names?
> And MC decodes these filesnames correctly,
> your GUI viewer decodes some of them correctly,
> and the console doesn't do it at all?
>
> If it works better with a GUI then in the console,
> and the GUI accesses the smbfs mount,
> it is probably not the fault of mount_smbfs.
>
> Michael

Hi Michael

Thank you for a very clever suggestion. I suspected as much, but even files created from the console in the mounted share doesn't show up. So doing a simple 'echo "hello" > foo.txt' doesn't show up, but if I do "ls -l foo.txt" it shows.

Also since my last follow up all files has become invisible, even to the GUI file manager.

$ ls -l
total 0
$ cat foo.txt
hello