Date:      Tue, 28 May 2013 11:26:43 +0100
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/claws-mail: INBOX shows still moved or deleted mails, filtering not working properly

On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:17:55 +0200
O. Hartmann wrote:

> I tried mail/claws-mail for now and I'm surprised how "cryptic" and
> fast an email client can be, but I also have serious struggles with
> this email client.
>
> When fetch and filtering Emails from the account of our computer
> center's IMPA4 mail servers, the moved and even deleted emails remain
> visible (but greyished) in the INBOX or any other folder and marked
> deleted.
> Nor Evolution nor thunderbird show that weird behaviour and they
> operate as expected on all mail actions.

This is how a traditional IMAP client works, you mark as deleted and
manually expunge - and move is done through copy,delete and expunge.

In the advanced section of the per account preferences there is a
setting that starts  "Move deleted mails to trash ...", check that you
haven't unset that.

BTW please don't cross post without a very good reason.