Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:21:27 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "David Babler" <dbabler@rigel.orionsys.com>, "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyrus-SASL + sendmail 8.12.9 + "group writable file"

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Babler" <dbabler@rigel.orionsys.com>
To: "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc: <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 10:03 PM
Subject: Cyrus-SASL + sendmail 8.12.9 + "group writable file"

> Basic problem: sendmail errors with permissions/ownerships on
> /usr/local/etc/sasldb
>
> Symptom:
>  maillog entry "error: safesasl(/usr/local/etc/sasldb) failed: Group
readable file"

> And yes, the ODontBlameSendmail appears in the generated sendmail.cf
> file. As appears in the various archived times this question has come
> up, changing permissions and ownerships only move the error from group
> read errors to access denied errors. For ownerships of the database
> file, I've tried:

I just rebuilt my 4.8 test system and have no problem with
permissions/ownership on the /usr/local/etc/sasldb file as create by the
security/cyrus-sasl port.

    -rw-r-----  1 cyrus  mail    16384 Apr 29 16:46 sasldb

I used the same settings as you had posted in your previous message.

In your sendmail.cf file does the 'O DontBlameSendmail' option have a '#' in
front of it, if it does then it is being commented out.  This may indicate
that the wrong *.cf file was installed on your system. What's the value of
the DontBlameSendmail option in the sendmail.cf file?

Are you using the freebsd.mc file, or a custom.mc file to create the *.cf
file?

Also is the SENDMAIL_MC uncommented & defined to your custom.mc file in
/etc/make.conf file? As what most likely happened is that a mergemaster
installed the freebsd.cf file over your custom.cf file if you didn't have it
defined.

Scot