Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:51:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: small fix for irq mappig probelm

Terry Lambert writes:

 > > de0: <Digital 21143 Fast Ethernet> irq 0 at device 3.0 on pci0
 > > pci_map_int: can't allocate interrupt
 > >

 > > The appended patch fixes it, but I am unsure it is correct.  Can you
 > > approve it?
 >
 > Same thing on some Intel motherboards, FWIW.  SMP seems to be the
 > way to fix it; perhaps we could do whatever the equivalent is on
 > Alpha?

Huh?  I'm not talking about running out of irqs, I'm talking about
having a valid inline which happens to be zero.

(Most) Alphas aren't limited to 16 irqs like PCs, even without SMP
support.  Many support up to 64 irqs.  Starting at 0 & including 0.

Having 0 as a valid intline is the problem.  My patch assumes that an
intpin should never be 0.  Is this true?

Drew