Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 18:46:42 -0700
From:      "Joseph T. Lee" <nugundam@la.best.com>
To:        Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster Live!

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 04:39:48AM -0700, Joseph T. Lee wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 04:10:12PM -0500, Benjamin Gavin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >   Just wondering if anyone has gotten the Soundblaster Live! soundcard
> > working under FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE??  If so, what was necessary??  If not,
> > does anyone know when/if support will be included??
>
> Not anytime soon.  I have a PCI128 in my machine for FreeBSD.  Live! is
> only Win98/NT for now.  I have both in my machine.  What a waste of slots. :P

Welp, to follow up on this, OSS has alpha1 drivers for the Live! that
supports ONLY mir and midi i/o port.  You can listen to CDs and that's it!

This will only work with the evaluation license; the permanent license key
doesn't work, for some reason.

Meantime, Linux has beta drivers somewhere (since Creative contracted out
some programmers under NDA).

--
Joseph nugundam =best=com==/==\=IIGS=/==\=Playstation=/==\=Civic HX CVT=/==\
#        Anime Expo 1998        >> www.anime-expo.org/                      >