Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:40:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
Cc:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, crh@outpost.co.nz, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Judge: "Gates Was Main Culprit"

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Joseph Scott wrote:

>	OS/2 is superior to windows.  As to why then vendors didn't pick up on
>that, couple of ideas, one being money.  They had to pay MS if a machine
>had windows on it or not, so to put OS/2 on there they had to pay both
>MS and IBM.  Plus tech support for a different product.  Now you may say
>they had to do the same thing going from Win 3.1 to 9x and you'd be
>right, but they did it because MS was in the drivers seat and the
>vendors where along for the ride because of money.

So basically, we are all in the corner the vendors painted us into.
There's only one situation worse, and it hurts even more because it was
gross mismanagement, no more, no less: the Amiga.  Superior in every way
but apps for its time.. and it went the way of the Dodo.  Those of us who
have them <sigh> can only imagine what it would have been like today if
CBM had done things right.

-jm

"I said he'll flip you.  Flip you for real."
- Fenster, The Usual Suspects