Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:18:45 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
Subject:   Re: 3.1-RELEASE: discrepancies between "sysinstall" and "make world" results

Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Jose M. Alcaide wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
>  > Mike Smith wrote:
>  > > Unfortunately, these reports are too late.  Why didn't you test
>  > > *before* 3.1 was released?
>  >
>  > The answer is simple: I cannot install snapshots because the links
>  > to the sites that store them is _very_ slow from my University.
>
> Did you try the "FreeBSD Snap Finder" at the following URL?
> It is very useful.
> http://www.itworks.com.au/~gavin/FBSDsites.php3

THANK YOU!!! I didn't heard of that URL before. We have "high"
data rates when connecting to other European universities (usually),
but it's difficult to find recent mirrors of snapshots.

Thanks again,

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | mailto:jmas@es.FreeBSD.ORG
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139