Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:16:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel R.  Brownstone" <drbrowns@ls.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   spontaneous reboot / panic

I've never actually seen a panic before.  The system was slowing down
towards lockup (AGAIN) today, so I went to the console and did a "top".
Instead of getting top, I got a screen telling me that there was a panic,
and a reboot coming in 15 seconds.  I wrote down some of the info:

fatal trap 12, page fault while in kernel mode
fault address: 0x10
fault cause: supervisor read, page not present
current process: idle
interrupt mask: net tty bro
panic: page fault

What does it mean, Stimpy?