Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 07:06:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se (Mikael Karpberg)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's the status of -current?

Mikael Karpberg said:

> With all the mail loss and stuff that's been happening, it's hard to know
> what you have missed.
>
> Dyson, are the changes to the VM fully operational yet?
> Anything else that one should look of for that's been changed the last month?

It is still in rough shape.  I am working at 100% trying to clean things up.
There are some fixes that I can apply with minimal disturbances, and I am
getting convinced that it is time to bring -current to a more stable state
again.  (It is sometimes tricky to decide whether or not to apply complete
fixes, or fixes to make the problems go away enough that other people can use
-current.  I think that the problems have gone on long enough, and the fixes
that I have been working on are taking alot longer than I had hoped.)