Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2014 13:40:52 -0500
From:      "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@tysdomain.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting involved and contributing

Hello all:
I had a fewe questions I wanted to ask.
I'm looking for areas in which I might contribute code (c/c++, Python
etc). As I'm new to the code contribution deal, I'd like to start off
with something small if possible. My interests are mainly in security
and systems development, though I'm probably not all that great at
either. Similarly, I had a few questions:
1) what is a free or cheap method for testing code, branches etc? I have
two systems here, but I am unable to duel boot.
2) I could use VMWare for testing, but that limits my ability to do much
testing. Given that though, is there a way to automate the install of
BSD? Basically: I am blind and am unable to install BSD by myself
without help. Solutions exist for serial ports, but I've not really had
much great luck connecting to that through a host. If there's a solution
for a scripted install, that would be awesome.
Thanks,

--
Take care,
Ty