Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 18:56:45 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, postfix-users@cloud9.net
Subject:   where/what buffers to increase?

We're running a pretty big FreeBSD 4.1.1 + postfix 20001030 relay hub
and have a few errors, resource exhaustion, I guess:

   smtp
          3   socket: No buffer space available
          2   inet_addr_local: socket: No buffer space available
          2   smtp_connect_addr: socket: No buffer space available
   smtpd
          8   socket: No buffer space available

Anybody know exactly what buffers to increase?

I'm running 69 out 150 SMTPD processes and 225 out of 250 SMTP processes.

256 megs RAM, top says 70 M active

tia,
Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5 & 8.2.3 T6B for NT4 & W2K