Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 10:26:16 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr, questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Passive FTP with natd ? (FIXED)

Hello,

My problem came from the interaction of a restrictive firewall (using
the "simple" template from rc.firewall) which denies socket setups
coming from the TCP port nr 20. (it was not possible to get an FTP
dowload from the Internet to the gateway either)

I've added an "add pass tcp from any to any 20 setup" rule in the
firewall ruleset (along with a deny setup from 20 to services running on
the gateawy). And now, everything's fine (I've finally downloaded RH
6.0).

In summary : natd does allow an incomong ftp data conection (and
translates the port command), but the connection was denied by the
firewall.

	Thanks to all who answered

	TfH