Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 1997 12:57:10 -0400
From:      Rob Miracle <rwm@MPGN.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spontanious Reboots with 2.2.2

I recently installed 2.2.2 on a couple of machines that run a very large
application.  The machine is a Pentium Pro 200 with 256M of memory, an
Adaptec 29xx SCSI host adapter (2949???) and a 2GB hard drive.  I have 512M
of swap configured.  The application eats a lot of file descriptors, but
less than the 2048 we have it configured for.  It also uses a large amount
of SYSV Shared Memory and SYSV semaphores.

It tends to spontanious reboot after a couple of hours of operation.  There
is no message in the log files and no indication as to why.

Any easy guesses at what could be the problem?  The app ran fine under 2.2.1.

Thanks
Rob