Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:53:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Yue xing Li <yueli@ucla.edu>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Doubts and Questions

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Yue xing Li wrote:

>     I'm thinking of installing FreeBSD on my computer but some doubts
> and questions remained in my mind.  I want to order your CD version.
> But does the package include Spice and other popular FREE UNIX
> applications?

Yes; ports for over 1000 popular applications are provided on the CD, and
most of these are provided pre-compiled.

> Can I download the newest version from your site with no
> charge?

Absolutely, see ftp.freebsd.org.

> Will it be better than Linux?

That depends a lot on you, but we think you'll find FreeBSD to be much
more stable than Linux ever could dream to be :-)

>  Last of all, I want to install
> it on my D: drive instead of C: which is occupied by Windows 95
> currently.  Is is possible to do that?

No problem.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo