Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 00:26:12 -0500
From:      Lee Cremeans <lcremeans@erols.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Brahms 0.97.1, FreeBSD, and RTC diddling

[I'm not entirely sure where to send this, so I'm posting it to -multimedia]

I downloaded Brahms (which incidentally is a Qt-based MIDI composer program
in the vein of Cubase), and I tried to compile it...it tripped up on a
Linux-specific header (linux/mc146818rtc.h). I read the code that calls
it...and apparently it's using Linux's /dev/rtc to reprogram the RTC for an
8192 Hz interrupt rate. I don't know of any way to do this in FreeBSD, or if
it's even a good idea...can someone give me a hand?

-lee