Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:43:54 +0200
From:      Kees Jan Koster <kjkoster@kjkoster.org>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Opera 7b4 does not render frames properly

Dear Arjan,

> > After starting Opera I surf to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/. I
> > then browse around a bit and after a while I return to the API page. I
> > can still see the frame outlines, but the pages are grey.
>
> This is a known bug in B4, it has problems with frame pages. You'll see the
> same behavior on Google Groups, for example. All betas after B4 don't have
> this problem.
>
> The updated port for B7 is in PR ports/56181
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=56181), but so far I haven't
> found a committer to commit it.

I have tried the patch. The Makefile part does not seem to apply cleanly
becuase of the CVS $FreeBSD$ header. Perhaps that should not be part of
the patch. Other than that it works fine.

The new version of the port does indeed fix the problem that I was
seeing.

Thank you for the prompt response.

 Yours,
   Kees Jan

 Kees Jan Koster         e-mail:   kjkoster "at" kjkoster.org
                         www:         http://www.kjkoster.org/
                         Life is uncertain; eat dessert first.