Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 16:21:25 GMT
From:      hostmaster@bemarnet.es (Antonio Navarro Navarro)
To:        piero@strider.ibenet.it
Cc:        amengual@sadeya.cesca.es, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   About sendmail....

user@host.bemarnet.es)

> > > Need to put the appropriate MX record in the DNS database file of the
> >
> > Read the question again. It has nothing to do with MX records.
> > He is asking about MASQUERADE.
>
> I would never say that this has "nothing to do" with MX records. Putting
> an MX record and changing Cw line of sendmail.cf not only is a simple
> way to do it (many, if not most systems, won't even have installed the
> "/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf" path for m4 macro config), but has its own
> advantages as it will be easy to follow when someone tries to install
> more machines under the domain. In fact, it is the preferred procedure at
> many places. My own machine is arranged this way.

Thanks a lot to all of you.... (and excuse me for the long quote...)

I have just resolved the little problem with the e-mail. A friend told me to
change the file /etc/sendmail.cf, and to replace the line

Cwlocalhost

by

Cwlocalhost bemarnet.es

Thats all. Now the e-mail works fine. (Now the only problem is the slow
access to the web site, Please, could you access to http://www.bemarnet.es
and tell me how fast is it ? I think it is only a local problem in Spain...
but maybe the frame-relay (64kbs) is not well-configured...

Thanks to Andy, Carlos Amengual and Piero Serini. See you later !

Antonio Navarro Navarro
E-Mail:hostmaster@bemarnet.es
URL:http://www.bemarnet.es
BemarNet Management