Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2017 23:48:24 +0200
From:      Piotr Kubaj <pkubaj@anongoth.pl>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging ports

--AaBrTTrIv6EAuIW/

I think I got it. It turns out that it's our gdb in base that can't read th=
e debug info. lldb and gdb from ports do it just fine.

I also thought about recompiling library dependecies, but something didn't =
fit in, because not only the libraries calls were not there, but the calls =
=66rom the port itself as well.

Thanks anyway!

On 17-10-17 23:29:47, Jan Beich wrote:
>Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net> writes:

>> Sorry, I clearly did not parse your message correctly.
>>
>> Looks strange though, WITH_DEBUG always worked for me... Usually I
>> compile the whole set in poudriere with WITH_DEBUG, to make sure all
>> libraries have symbols too.
>
>WITH_DEBUG doesn't disable vendor optimizations like -fomit-frame-pointer
>which may hinder stack unwinding, doesn't enable debug symbols for ports
>not respecting CFLAGS, often a nop for non-C/C++ ports, etc.
>
>Without an example it's hard to guess.
>
>--=20
>believed to be clean.

--=20
 _________________________________________=20
/ If a camel is a horse designed by a     \
| committee, then a consensus forecast is |
| a camel's behind.                       |
\ -- Edgar R. Fiedler                     /
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

--AaBrTTrIv6EAuIW/