Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:27:43 +0100
From:      Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP C-class Blade / Broadcom ethernet / SerDes controllers not supported

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.2 (AMD64-version) on a HP C-Class
Blade system with the following specs:

Proliant BL465c 2x AMD Opteron 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 2x146 GB HDs in
Raid1-config. During installation the NICs are not recognized. After
reboot I get an error message in /var/log/messages like this:

"bce0: .... SerDes controllers are not supported!"

These NICs are listed as "HP NC 370i" in the blade configuration,
internally they are "Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5706"s (at least this is
what FreeBSD 6.2 tells me upon booting).

Has anybody out there got these NICs running under FreeBSD 6.2?

Thanks much in advance for any clue,
-ewald