Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 01:22:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
To:        Robert Hough <rch@acidpit.org>
Cc:        Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modems WAS: Re: What do you do about DoS attacks?

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Robert Hough wrote:

> First suggestion, get a modem and put it on any colo boxes you manage,
> it will save you a lot of headache. If you have several machines, look
> into an old portmaster. They work great in this scenario.

Lets assume that I want to do this, but for various reasons I need a modem
which is a) INTERNAL (so I don't take up more rack space than needed),
b) PCI, as that is the only slot type I have and c) a voice modem so I can
use voice announcements of error conditions.  Preferably supported by
something like vgetty so I don't have to write my own voice io code.

Oh yeah and d) supported by FreeBSD (I guess that was kinda implied).

What options do I have in today's marketplace?

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) AC7DE