Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:26:47 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Murray Taylor <mtaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mpd setup

Murray Taylor wrote:

> Very gently, without wanting to break an existing, working setup
> he asks....
>
> Given the following Netgraph Frame Relay configuration,
> are these scripts enough to create an mpd-netgraph pptp
> connection throught the frame relay internet connection?
> Or do I need to add some extra netgraphism's to connect into
> the frame relay chain?

no, the pptp and the frame realy are orthogonal.

assuming the default route is out through the frame relay interface
the pptp (gre) packets should just goto where required.

mpd will create ng1, ng2, etc. interfaces.
ensure that there is no colision between netgraph and frame relay
in this namespace.. (see below)

> Proposed configuration files
>
> mpd.links
> frame-pptp:
>         set link type pptp
>         set pptp self 10.1.2.30
>         set pptp enable incoming
>         set pptp disable originate
>
> mpd.conf
> pptp1:
>         new -i ng0 frame-pptp frame-pptp

                  ^^ this must be ng1 as ng0 is the frame interface.

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org
    (   OZ    ) World tour 2000-2001