Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:01:18 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        fjwcash@gmail.com, pjd@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Curious failure of ZFS snapshots

> Is there a way for me to reproduce that?

I am not sure how to reproduce it, as I am unclear as to what
causes is. I have two machines making regular snapshots, one of which
ends up in this state, and one which doesnt. The only difference is
that the one which goes wwrong is actually trying to access the snapshots,
whereas the other is a backup machine where they just sit there.

What I can try and do is to setup a small system to try and reproduce the
bug on a small file backed zfs system, aandd then maybe email you the
failed image if I can get it to fail. Would that be of any use ?
The current failed image is about 50GB, so I dont have an easy way to
send you that. Is an image of a filesystem with the problem actualll of
any use to you anywway ?

-pete.