Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:02:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Fran Lawas-Grodek <Fran.Lawas-Grodek@nasa.gov>
Cc:        Diechi.T.Tran@nasa.gov
Subject:   Re: persistent tcp connection?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Fran Lawas-Grodek wrote:

> Does anyone know if there a sysctl parameter or kernel option that
> would "clear out" any memory of a previous tcp connection?  We've
> played with the following sysctl parameters, and these are what
> they are currently set --

What you're looking for are the route metrics, stored in the routing
table.  Use "netstat -nar" to see which routes have been cached.  You
should be able to delete the metrics associated with a cloned route by
doing "route delete ipaddress".

> net.inet.tcp.keepidle: 14400
> net.inet.tcp.keepintvl: 150
> net.inet.tcp.always_keepalive: 1

These would have nothing to do with what you're seeing.  Keepalive only
applies to established connections which are sitting idle.  As you are
disconnecting and reconnecting, only the route metrics are relevant.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack