Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:35:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?manish=20gautam?= <manish_6983@yahoo.co.in>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem in Netgraph ( TESTING OF MY NODE )

Ist problem
=============

i hav created my own node named "m" .and using
commands

kldload netgraph
kldload ng_ether
kldload ng_m

i also create an ether node and then i attach my "m"
node to ether node using

ngctl mkpeer ed0: m upper right

 after that on command ::-->

ngctl msg my_m: getstats  ( my_m is name of peer to
ether i.e my node )

result is as foolows ::-->

Rec'd response "getstats" (1) from "my_m:":
Args:  { right={inOctets=3508 inFrames=54 }
left={outOctets=3508 outFrames=54 } }

Does that mean my node is working... YES or  NO?
If yes , is every packet coming through ethernet card
pass through my node.
If no, how do I check it and made every packet pass
through my own node.

IInd problem
============

Its a silly problem , i hav downloaded ethereal
packages named

tethereal.tar.gz
tethereal-0.9.10.tar

How can I install ethereal on my machine using above
said packages,? do i need more packages ?

Reply as soon as possible

Rgds
Manish Gautam

Go to: http://in.insurance.yahoo.com/licspecial/index.html