Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:11:01 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Maarten de Vries <maarten@netraam.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ScrollZ

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 07:26:33PM +0100, Maarten de Vries wrote:
> I thought you might be interested to know that the version of ScrollZ in
> the FreeBSD ports (ports/irc/scrollz), is quite outdated.

_I_ would be, since I'm the maintainer for this port.

> The ports still carry version 1.8i6, while version 1.8j6 has been released
> this summer and is greatly improved. It's available from
> <http://www.scrollz.com/Bins/ScrollZ-1.8j-FreeBSD-3.4.gz>.

The ScrollZ people do their releases very infrequently and so I only
check their page about once every four months.  Additionally, their
mirroring is very piss-poor.

They don't bother to tell _me_ they released a new version so I can put
it on the webpage, and have told me in my face that they couldn't really
care less.

*shrug*   But I'll update the port now.

--
wca