Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup error

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, zen wrote:
>   i got these error when i`m tried to cvsup my box (4.7 STABLE) to
>   4.8, these error showed up in the make buildworld step, at stage 4: populating /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include.

then it's likely a buildworld issue, and not related to cvsup...  have you
read /usr/src/UPDATING (all of it), and followed any relevant steps?  also
see build(7) and make sure you're following the proper steps.

if you continue to encounter problems, you should post more verbose
output...  you don't necessarily need all of the build, but a few lines on
either side of the error is nice.  if you do want to share a log of the
entire build (perhaps for posting on a website, i wouldn't attach/paste
too much here), you can usee tee(1) as follows:

make buildworld | tee /tmp/buildworld.log

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
To: spam-catcher@adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!