Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:58:44 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Scott Flatman <sf@aracnet.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New User's Handbook

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 at 12:18:20 -0700, Scott Flatman wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Jim Mock wrote:
> > Howdy folks,
> >
> > Since sending the last message on the New User's Handbook, I
> > haven't gotten *any* replies.. has anyone looked at it?  It's
> > available at http://soupnazi.org/~jim/FreeBSD/newuser-handbook/
> >
> > I'd like to commit it before it gets crufty and/or other folks
> > start committing to the chapters that make it up so I don't have to
> > go through the whole thing again.
> >
> > Feedback would be appreciated.
>
> I like it.
>
> Short and sweet. Not overwhelming for the beginner. Just enough to
> get them started.
>
> Perhaps a pointer in the Chapter 6 about the FreeBSD mailing lists,
> like -questions, for FreeBSD specific help?

Good idea.  A ``Getting Help'' chapter might be useful here since there
really isn't one in the existing handbook anywhere and this ``smaller
handbook'' would probably be the one it belongs in when the rest of the
existing handbook is split up.

- jim

--
/* jim mock - berkeley software design, inc - open source division */
/* documentation manager - jim@FreeBSD.org - jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com */