Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 14:34:37 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        phil@zipmail.co.uk
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: D-Link DE-650 Ethernet Driver

> Having used an IBM Compat PCMCIA Ethernet Card for some time on my
> notebook which is running 2.1 and X, when I had to give it back :-( I
> thought why not try that D-Link DE650 thats on the shelf, neither ze
> or zp recognise it (obviously because it doesn't send the correct
> CARD_INFO)
>
> Does anybody know anything about these cards ? What controller they
> use etc as I would like to get this working.
>
> Is it worth creating a whole new driver based on ze or is pccard in a
> useable state, I see it is now in current.

The pccard stuff is getting into better shape in -current.  I just sent
a patch to Poul which allows it to power-on all 4 PC-Card's I have in my
possesion on my IBM ThinkPad.

However, we still need work in the area of new drivers, but recently the
'BSD-nomad' group in Japan posted something regarding progress they've
made with a bunch of new drivers, so things are happening.

In the meantime, we can always use more folks getting their hands dirty
in the code, so if you want to help please feel free to dive in.

Nate