Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 2021 14:43:28 +0000
From:      Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   drm-kmod kernel crash fatal trap 12

I updated my system this morning to main-n247260-dc318a4ffab June 9 2012
and the first boot after the kernel was loaded I received:

'fatal trap 12' fault virtual address = 0x0
fault code = supervisor write data, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff82fc3d1b
stack pointer = 0x28:0xfffffe011aea3330
frame pointer = 0x28:0xfffffe011aea3370
code segment = base 0x0 limit 0xffff, type 0x1b
               DPL 0,pres 1, long 1, def 32 0, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 1187 (kldload)
trap number = 12

I hand copied the screen display since I was not able to generate a
crash dump to /var/crash on a zfs file system.

I am rebuilding the GENERIC kernel since the crash was using the NODEBUG
version.  This is 100 percent repeatable.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1