Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:37:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Sandor Z Nemeth <nemeths@for.mat.bham.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   external sound card under FreeBSD 5.4

Hi,

I am having trouble with making sound work under FreeBSD 5.4. I have an
external usb sound card "Creative Sound Blater Live 24! external". I am
very new to FreeBSD, I have only experience with Linux. This card used to
work with Linux by using "modprobe snd-usb-audio". I noticed that there is
something similar in FreeBSD, i.e., "kldload snd_uaudio". By loading this
module I got only the mixer device and could use the mixer, but no
sound. Actualy, I have no device /dev/dsp (or something similar).

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot,
Sandor

Dr Sandor Zoltan Nemeth