Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 00:31:27 -0600 (CDT)
From:      serges@umr.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is the Adaptec 1522 SCSI controller supported?

Looking through the hardware compatibility page in the Manual
I see that the Adaptec 1522 (not the 42) is supposed to be supported
by FreeBSD 2.X. But its not listed under the AHA(4) device manual page,
dated  August 31, 1994.  Does it come up under another device?

So what s the story? Is it supported? Better yet, is anyone using the
152X controller with IDE hardrives? It appears most opted for the
bus mastering 1542. What about the 1522?

All reponses will be appreciated. I need to buy somthing pretty fast
and I dont really what to get more than I need.

Thanks,

Serge.