Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:06:25 +0300
From:      KOT MATPOCKuH <matpockuh@gmail.com>
To:        Peter Maloney <peter.maloney@brockmann-consult.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS: i/o error all block copies unavailable Invalid format

Hello!

2011/12/6 Peter Maloney <peter.maloney@brockmann-consult.de>:

> "Invalid format" sounds like the software doesn't understand the disks.
> Check your pool (software) version with:
> # zpool upgrade -v
zpool upgrade -v does not show pools, available for upgrade :)

# zpool upgrade
This system is currently running ZFS pool version 28.

All pools are formatted using this version.

> Check your pool (on disk) version with (I forget the exact command):
> # zpool get version sunway
NAME    PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
sunway  version   28       default

It's latest pool's version for RELENG_9.

> My guess is that you installed the latest zfs on the pool, but left the
> old version of the bootloader.
You mean gptzfsboot ?

Old gptzfsboot must fail with message like this:
ZFS: unsupported ZFS version %u (should be %u)

And why problem solved by copying previous zfsloader?
Without any another changes...

--
MATPOCKuH