Date:      Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:28:36 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: pthread_key_create memory leakage in pthreads?

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

Lefteris Tsintjelis wrote:
> >Can you provide a (minimal) example where this happens? Also, what is
> >the exact command line?
>=20
> valgrind --trace-children=3Dyes --leak-check=3Dyes --show-reachable=3Dyes=
 ./sql-m

Two other things you can try to determine whether it's you code or a
internal error in valgrind:

- make sure you compile and link your code with debugging information
  (-g), and at an reasonable optimization level (say -O).

- Use valgrinds -v option to get more information.

If you are sure, that's it's valgrind's fault, you can generate a
suppression rule:

valgrind -v --gen-suppressions=3Dyes <other valgrind options> <command>

You can put them into a file, say ~/.valgrind-suppressions, and tell
valgrind to them with the --suppressions=3D<filename> switch. If you want
to use them by default, create a ~/.valgrindrc file and put the
appropriate options there.

If all that doesn't help you, you're welcome to send me a copy of your
code (in a private mail), and I'll have a look.
--=20
Best regards / Viele Gr=FC=DFe,                             barner@FreeBSD.=
org
 Simon Barner                                                barner@gmx.de