Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:53:34 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Idea Receiver <receiver@RedDust.BlueSky.net.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fail to compile kernel...

In message <14742.14082.837564.871879@guru.mired.org> Mike Meyer writes:
: The nasty downside of the the module system is that people who don't
: adequately test module code before checking it in will screw up kernel
: builds for kernels that don't need that code.

But I did test it.  But I had an uncommitted file on my machine...

: Since you probably don't need the oldcard module. Just comment it out
: of /usr/src/sys/modules/Makefile, and rebuild the kernel. You may want
: to comment out pccard as well.

Or you can just update your sources.  There was a 8 hour window where
this was broken...

Warner