Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:01:24 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Sergei Vyshenski <svysh@pn.sinp.msu.ru>, digitalox@earthlink.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildkernel not working

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <39BFCA61.1A56605C@urx.com> Kent Stewart writes:
> : You need to suggest a mergemaster before the reboot.
>
> Done.  Anything else :-)

People are not reading down to the how-tos. They see the chronology
and go off with the way they did things in 3.x. Have you ever thought
of moving the chronology after the sections on updating. I'm sitting
here thinking (I get dangerous when I do :)) and it seems to me the
how-tos are the real point of UPDATING. The change log is just that a
change log and shouldn't have the primary location in the file.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA