Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:53:19 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Bob Johnson <bob89@garbonzo.hos.ufl.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for D-Link DWL-650 card?

In message <4.3.2.7.2.20010712133218.0446ff00@localhost> Brett Glass writes:
: At 01:31 PM 7/12/2001, Bob Johnson wrote:
:
: >There is a caveat that I forgot to mention: it doesn't seem to have as
: >much range as advertised, but the problem may be my access point.
:
: Someone else mentioned that earlier. It could be the antenna, which is
: oddly shaped. Is there an easy way to plug in an alternate antenna? I
: hear that Orinoco cards get better range if you put on a short whip
: antenna; maybe this one does too.

With orinoco cards, there's a plug for an external antenna.  With the
D-links there isn't.  You get the antenna you get.  That said., I've
not had problemswith range.  But I usualy don't get more than 100'
from my base station.

Warner