Date:      Thu, 7 Jul 2011 14:50:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug@safeport.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mergemaster confusion

I have a mergemaster question. I assume this is my error but do not see what I
did. I am testing remote update procedures so I started with a 7.0 IS0 and
updated it to 7.4.

My mergemaster.rc has the following directives:

    FREEBSD_ID=yes
    AUTO_UPGRADE=yes
    AUTO_INSTALL=yes
    DELETE_STALE_RC_FILES=yes
    COMP_CONFS=yes

plus some diff options. As this was a system with nothing changed except for
group, passwd, and csh.cshrc, I expected mergemaster to update all the other
files. I think from the code the value does not matter for the first three so
yes would be ok (if I am correct).

As this did not work (as I expected), I retried with mergemaster -rFUi getting
the same result. What did I do wrong?

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com