Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 22:23:40 +0200
From:      Nick Golovin <golovin@apex.dp.ua>
To:        "Milliken, Scott" <MillikS@sti.imshealth.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0 sysinstall hangs on Compaq Deskpro 6000

Milliken, Scott wrote:

> detected properly but the system hangs on "Probing for devices" phase of

Wonder if this might be of any help: we always got this when installing
FreeBSD
on a disk where BSDI was installed before. Was cured by booting from DOS
diskette
and doing "fdisk /mbr" to install standard MBR. It was quite a while ago
(about a year),
but I've never heard of this to be fixed.

Nick Golovin
Apex NCC
Trifle Co. Ltd.