Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 1995 10:58:06 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami), faulkner@devnull.lodgenet.com, paul@FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libforms - thumbs up or down?

> >  * From: faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
> >
> >  * Would it be retired to the ports?  Then it would be available if
> >  * anyone wanted it.
> >
> > Don't mean to nit-pick, but if it's broken or not used at all, it's
> > not welcome in ports either.  The ports tree is not a retirement
> > home for old source. :)
> >
> > If someone really wants it, and someone (doesn't have to be the same
> > "someone") is committed to make sure it is going to work now and in
> > the future, that's fine, of course.
> >
> > Satoshi
> >
> But didn't I just see that it is used in xfmail (or was that fxmail)?

no that was a different `libforms', it (xfmail) uses xforms available
from ftp://bloch.phys.uwm.edu/pub/xforms/freeBSD/. In fact for this,
It would be *preferable* to remove /usr/lib/libforms.a from the tree,
'cause then I could do a fairly clean port of xforms, which is used
by xfmail (and possibly others).  At present, I haven't figured out
how to resolve the conflict between the FBSD libforms and xforms.

> All I know now is that is not used by the base system.  I agree it should
> be fixed before it goes into ports.
>
> Boyd
>
> --
>
>  Boyd Faulkner - faulkner@isd.tandem.com - http://cactus.org/~faulkner