Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 09:06:07 +0200
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?utf-8?Q?Sm=C3=B8rgrav?=)
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS DOWN

Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr> writes:
> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > We can't be "bug for bug tolerant" with Linnex without copying their
> > allocator.
> No, but we can with the documented parts, and
> malloc-inside-signal-handler support is documented
> (http://www.cs.utah.edu/dept/old/texinfo/glibc-manual-0.02/library_toc.ht=
ml#SEC357).

That would require adding at least two system calls to the malloc() /
free() overhead to support an extremely rare case which is already
documented not to work, and known not to work on numerous other
platforms.

It is wrong of the PHP authors to assume that all the world is GNU /
Linux.  I see no reason not vindicate their mistakes.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no