Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:14:44 -0500
From:      "Tony" <tbrock@mail.phoenix.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Proxies/Firewalls

Within my office there has been a firewall/proxy system installed to of
course prevent unauthorized access to the internet.  I have been supplied
with a username and password for the proxy and have a question which I
cannot seem to find a hint for.  How would one begin to setup FreeBSD to
use that peticular proxy?  How would you specify the username/password.
Can you use a DNS server on the other side of the firewall? (No-one thought
far in advance enough to position a DNS server within out intranet.

On a different note, any clue as to why games such as Diablo, which uses
UDP packets wouldn't be able to cross PPP's masquerading scheme even though
no filtering is active?  Everything else works great with PPP except for
this UDP problem.

Tony