Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 2002 02:21:17 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I post a pr when my IP can't be reverse-resolved?

On 2002-12-14 13:05, David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
> Thus spake Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>:
> > Moderation for PRs submitted through email isn't going to win us a lot
> > of new quality PRs, but it is certainly going to put extra delays to
> > the submission of problem reports that I'd like to avoid.
>
> Email isn't much harder to abuse than a web form.  If you want to
> prevent abuse, you need either moderation or some sort of secure
> authentication.  I think Bugzilla could help there, although it
> raises questions about how to handle the email interface.

Email is easier to track though.  And measures *can* be taken.
Anyway, I'm not entirely against moderation for PRs submitted through
email too.  Right now, this is not one of my problems though.  My most
serious concern is implementing something that makes moderation
possible, and not choosing whether it be used for email only or web
only or both.