Date:      Mon, 8 May 2006 06:15:56 -1000
From:      "Tyler Gee" <geekout@gmail.com>
To:        JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD nfe driver for NVIDIA nForce network adapter

I don't know what I did but I am pretty sure it is my fault.  I was
trying to get my sound card working so I did another patch and then
rebuilt world.  I am sure I forgot to reapply the rlphy patch (I
didn't think I needed to) but when I rebooted I started gettingthe
watchdo timeouts again.  So, I did the following

patch -R <rlphy.patch
cvsup
make cleanworld
make buildworld
make buildkernel
patch <rlphy.pach
make installkernel
make installworld

I did all those steps in the right directories and ran mergemaster and
all that jazz I always do.  I have never had any problems building
world, but I have never used patches.

So I thought I was starting over from a clean slate but now I always
get watchdog timeouts on nfe, after trying many ways to rebuild and
reverse and reapply patches.

What would be the correct procedure?  What have I screwed up that I
keep getting the timeouts now?

Also, once I have it up, what is the best way to test the speeds?

Thanks!
Tyler