Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:39:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        C.R.Harding@massey.ac.nz
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Speaking of PR

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997 C.R.Harding@massey.ac.nz wrote:
> * LINUX TO FLY ON STS-83 *
> ==========================
> The Linux operating system will again ride into space in support of a
><snip>
>
> company is used in their place.  The entire system uses only 10
> watts".  The primary role of Linux in the hydroponics experiment on
> <snip>

Doesn't Linux run cooler than FreeBSD though, it even says so somewhere
in the docs.. (no I don't know where) about how Linux uses HALT..
So obviously if someone wants FreeBSD used on a space shuttle mission
then this minimal power drain thing is important..

Although I don't know why this wasn't done on an ARM chip of some sort,
if power was important..

oh blah blah..

Steve.