Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 18:27:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Troy Arie Cobb <troy@circle.net>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd permission changes

I have a strange thing that's been happening regularly now,
following an incident w/ a cracker-type (who is now long
gone).  Now, on Fridays, around 2am, all of the owner-execute
permissions on all files is removed.  This has happened two
weeks in a row now, I have accounting active and saw the
chmod, but no one was logged in, and the daily/weekly scripts
don't have any chmods in them.

I need to buy a clue, any help?

- troy

Troy Arie Cobb
troy@circle.net

| Circle Net, Inc.       |  global internet access     |
| http://www.circle.net  |  for western north carolina |
| info@circle.net        |  and beyond...              |
| 704-254-9500           |                             |