Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:30:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, sherwink@ix.netcom.com
Subject:   Re: Multiple FreeBSD Systems on a Single Disk

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Bruce Evans wrote:

> >I installed 2.2.2 in the first partition of my disk. It was previously a
> >Linux partition. I have 2.2.1 installed in the second partition. It is
> >all still there, I can mount it and access it, but I do not know how to
> >boot it. Boot-Easy gives the same result for both F1 and F2, it boots
> >the 2.2.2 partition.
>
> Only booting from the first FreeBSD partition (slice) is supported.
> The second one can be booted from by making it the first, e.g.,

Even simpler: you can install OS-BS bootloader (from /tools), which is
much more configurable than boot-easy.

Sincerely yours,

---
Andrzej Bialecki                  FreeBSD: Turning PCs Into Workstations
<abial@warman.org.pl>             http://www.freebsd.org
Research and Academic Network in Poland