Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 01:49:55 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in (Rahul Siddharthan)
Cc:        reg@FreeBSD.ORG (Jeremy Lea), kris@catonic.net (Kris Kirby), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?

At 5:52 PM +0000 2001/1/19, Terry Lambert wrote:

>  ...In other words, there's really no way to "ban" someone
>  who is really determined, and willing to out-spend you,
>  unless you are willing to cut your own throat.  The Internet
>  has no "prison" equivalent.

	Even in the real world, a sufficiently determined person can wind
up performing most any crime they like.  Locking them up is not
enough -- the only way to permanently stop them is to end their life.
In this respect, the 'net really isn't any different, although it
does probably make it easier to succeed in by-passing the control
mechanisms.