Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 00:58:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   -current kernel can't boot

Sup of about 1 hour ago.  Adaptec 2940UW (ahc0), Quantum XP32150
(sd0), Micropolis 3243W (sd1).

I got "timed out in dataout phase; SCSISIGI=0x0" and "timed out in
message out phase, SCSISIGI=0xe6".  After a while it says "channel A
bus reset #1, 2 SCBs aborted" and then either freezes or reboots.
Tried three times, with similar results (the first time it was after
mounting; the second and third times were during fsck).

It threw my disks into a serious funk too, as I needed three tries to
boot from an old kernel after this.  (Yes, I powered down the machine
each time.)

Satoshi