Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:41:19 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Doug <doemill@shocking.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem Init String for US Robotics

On Monday, 12 July 1999 at 19:57:15 -0700, Doug wrote:
> Does anybody know the modem init string for an Internal US Robotics 56k
> voice faxmodem ?

How about atz?  (no, the ? isn't part of the string).

> I bought mine and it didnt come with a manual, and i didnt see it on
> their site, thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by the initialization string.  Typically
you don't need any specific string to initialize a modem.  I'm
assuming you're not talking about dial commands and such.  I have some
information on page 433 of "The Complete FreeBSD", third edition.  Is
this the sort of thing you're loooking for?

Greg